The soul cannot forgive until it
is restored to wholeness and health.
In the absence of love - how can one forgive?

With an abundance of love, starting with one's self,
forgiveness becomes a viable opportunity.
-Nancy Richards

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Acknowledgment and Abuse

Help me Mom!

How many times did I utter this unanswered plea? Yet, the physical abuse from which I sought relief, paled in comparison to the emotional prison where I remained - as long as I looked to my jailers to set me free.

Long into adulthood, I attempted to seek validation from my family. I tried to do their emotional work, rather than focusing on my own. Acknowledgment, support, and help with healing – that is what I needed.

The day came when I stopped trying to pathologically receive support where it wasn’t (my family) and started receiving support where it was (elsewhere).

By trusting others to listen to and validate my injuries, I journeyed forward to the healing I deserved.

With growth, comes loss. Sometimes we must die to the old to be born anew.

Wishing everyone peace, love, and acknowledgment - wherever you find it.

No comments: