The soul cannot forgive until it
is restored to wholeness and health.
In the absence of love - how can one forgive?

With an abundance of love, starting with one's self,
forgiveness becomes a viable opportunity.
-Nancy Richards

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse - First Call for Submissions

Yay! We're having another edition of The Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse! I am excited to guest host the February 6th publication!

The Submission Deadline for the up-coming issue is Wednesday, February 4th. Although each edition usually has a specific theme, I thought I would skip the use of a theme for this edition and ask that bloggers in the survivor community submit a post that is relevant to him or her at this point in time. You can choose a post that you already have on your blog, or write a new post for your blog to submit to this edition. Your post should fit into one of the following six categories:

  • Survivor Stories
  • Poetry
  • In the News
  • Healing and Therapy
  • Aftermath
  • Advocacy and Awareness
Please click here to submit an entry.

You don't have to be a survivor to submit a post. If you are a friend, or the loved one of a survivor, please tell us how their recovery has affected you.

If you are unfamiliar with The Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse, you can check out the December 19th Holiday Edition at Survivors Can Thrive.

Blog Carnivals are publications centered on a specific topic (in this case - child abuse awareness). A community of bloggers band together to submit blog posts relevant to that particular topic. The Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse was founded by Marj aka Thriver for the purpose of raising awareness about all forms of child abuse, including physical, emotional, sexual, spiritual, and verbal abuse.

Whether you have submitted before, or you are new to The Carnival, we would love to hear from you.

Hopefully, we'll have a great turn-out so we can help Marj keep The Carnival alive for the survivor community!

Many thanks to Marj for founding The Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse!

8 comments:

Marj aka Thriver said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Nancy! You're going to be great. I'll go get you listed over at blog carnival dot com right now. :)

AbuseAndForgiveness said...

You're welcome Marj,

I'm excited to do it!

Magnus said...

Thank you for this tremendous show of unity. As an adult survivor of child abuse struggling with the residual demons on a daily basis, solidarity and knowing that support exists is a critical part in my development. I too have written a book about my experience. If you're interested, please view:

www.eloquentbooks.com/ChildAbuseandItsLifetimeofDemons.html

Thank you again,

Todd

AbuseAndForgiveness said...

Hi Todd,

Thank you for stopping by. I agree, support and solidarity are critical for recovery.

In my own experience, validation was the key that opened the door for my healing.

All my best,
Nancy

PS - Best wishes on your book!

nippercatshome said...

Hi Nancy, thanks for asking me to submit my poem. I did submit..take care..Mary

AbuseAndForgiveness said...

Wonderful Mary!

Thank You!

Marj aka Thriver said...

Nancy, just wanted to let you know that I finally got a post up at my blog about the upcoming blog carnival hosted at Heal & Forgive. Thanks for your patience! ;)

AbuseAndForgiveness said...

Thanks Marj!