I heard from friends, relatives, therapists, and Christians, that I needed to forgive in order to heal; however, no one could adequately answer my questions:
· “Why am I required to forgive, but my mother is not required to stop behaving abusively?
· How can I forgive someone who stole my innocence with physical and emotional violence?
· How can I forgive somebody who has never asked to be forgiven; someone who has never even acknowledged any wrongdoing; somebody who continues to inflict the same pain?
· Doesn’t the Bible say, ‘If your brother sins, rebuke him; and IF he repents, forgive him’ (Luke 17:3).
· Isn’t there a point where self-preservation comes first?”